Tuesday, January 09, 2007

My first Titillation

Little Mosque on the Prairie debuted on CBC tonight. It was fun. I liked it. I'm a people person through and through and when I watch TV I'm looking for the characters, the people, to be interesting.

And the folks of Mercy, Saskatchewan are interesting. I was struck by how easily I came to be comfortable with these folks. It was easy to see that the actors were at ease in their 'second skins'. The episode didn't feel like a 'pilot'; it came across as polished and confident, something everyone was ready for and happy to be participating in. The plot wasn't trying to say 'this is the first episode' it said 'here's what's happening in Mercy today and guess what? it's always been this way, Mosque or no Mosque.'

These people are going to be doing interesting things; things that may or may not always be funny but will always be fun to peek in on.

If you were waiting to see what others were saying about it before tuning in that's OK. The first episode will air again tomorrow night (Wednesday) at 8PM, which is to be it's regular time slot.

I'll be visiting Mercy next week. Hope to see you there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was going to watch it but I was not sure about it - (the Mosque show) - perhaps now I will give it a try - they really did a lot of ads on it to promote it didn't they.