Saturday, January 06, 2007

It's been a LONG While

It's been over a year since I did anything with this blog. I spent the afternoon updating it and trying to figure out the new voodoo it's got to make it all more user-friendly and all. As to why I've not touched it in so long, well, the post right below this one is pretty much the reason I stoped working on it over a year ago. My hand is still pretty much as it was then though not as intensly painful. At least now I have a reason for the problem. It's a by-product of a spinal cord injury I had as a child. "...there is severe narrowing of the cervial cord..." says the result of my MRI. I have two options: live with it or let a surgeon go digging around in my spine and see if he can fix things. For now I opt to live with it.

Anyway the whole typing is excruciating thing sort of put me off the whole blogging thing, and for that matter my reviewing, too. But it's a new year and all so I'm going to rededicate myself to trying to get some reviews done and keep this thing sort of alive. Lord knows I have the books sitting here; my conscience is driving me nuts. I know that being sent a review copy does not mean I must do a review but I asked if I could do reviews for these folks and they said yes, so I need to make a better effort. That effort will begin after I finish the book I'm currently reading; The Water Wolf by Thomas Sullivan. I came to know 'Sully' as he likes to be called over at Storytellers Unplugged. He's a cool seeming dude so I'm giving his latest release a try. So far so good I'm pleased to report.

Well hubby says he's on the way home so I guess it's time to go and put together a pan of good old Hamburger Helper! I'm capable of better but I spent the afternoon fiddling with this for you...

Cheers!

Terry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terry I am glad you are going to start reviews again - try everything-wear a brace, etc. for your hands, use a wrist support too. I know you can do it!!!